Another Lie that stood out to me is that "God should fix my problems". This is something that I think all the time but never admit. I don't know about the rest of you but I tend to treat God like a genie in a lamp. Calling on him when I have a problem. A few sermons in the past have helped me defeat this thinking. One preacher talked about how we pray that we can be like Christ so God send problems and trials into our lives to purge out the dross and mold us like His Son and we throw a fit claiming life isn't fair. I know I'm guilty of this. Just knowing that those trials and problems are put in my life to make me more like Christ makes me more willing to accept them.
So the truth:
Life is hard (Romans 8:21-22) God is more concerned about glorifying Himself and changing me than about solving all my problems (2 Corinthians 4:17) God has an eternal purpose He is fulfilling in the midst of my problems (Romans 5:3-4 James 1:2-4) God wants to use my problems as part of His sanctifying process in my life (Job 23:10) No matter what problem I am facing, God's grace is sufficient for me (2 Cor. 12:7-10)
God says "I have a purpose for your problems. I want to use your problems to change you and to reveal My grace and power to the world."
I Needed This More Than I Realized…
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment