Psalms 39:4-6
Lord, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.
Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.
Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.
*Humbling to think of my life this way. Keeps the pride in check. Knowing how frail, vain, and sinful I am makes me praise My God for his goodness and long suffering.
Psalms 40:4-5,17
Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
Many, O Lord my God are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they can not be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou are my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.
*Pride is certainly not respectable. I hate it with a passion. Those sins that I have to crucify every moment of every day. Pride and Selfishness. Yet how wonderful are God's works to me despite my filthiness and he thinks of me more than I can number. Praise his name!! Am I thinking of him each day? Though poor and needy, and boy can I be needy...."I need this, I need that". Yet he thinketh upon me.
I Needed This More Than I Realized…
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment