I wanted to share my exciting ticket and treat exchange idea. It was all started because I was trying to get the kids off of all the sugar but felt bad just taking away their Sunday school treats and other goodies. So I started having them exchange the treats for paper tickets. Then I made certificates that showed how many ticket they would need for a certain prize. The prizes include One hour of play station, One hour of computer games, A movie, and money. It has spawned a lot of excitement as those prizes are not things I let them have very often at all. They are lucky to get a movie once a week regularly, but this way they earn it. I also use the tickets for good behavior or a job well done on chores and such. It has been fun and works out splendid as all my extra change is robbed me every Sunday Night during the children's missionary offering by some very cute little bandits. I'm hoping it will teach them as well that after the work is done then comes the reward. I require that of myself even. Computer time is in the evening after the work is done and my Bible has been read, the days duties have been accomplished and I've spent sufficient time with the kids. Sometimes that all doesn't happen in a day. Rarely actually, but having been commanded by a loving husband to get off my feet for a couple of hours a day forces me to get that Bible time in and time to read to the kids as well. My man is so wonderful at balancing me out. I tend to go crazy with things "that have to be done NOW" and end up flat on my back with either pain or exhaustion. He is so good for me! I love you BABY!!!
So there you have my "Ticket and Treat" exchange program. Maybe it will work for you. I made up a template for the tickets using my print artist program. I used purple paper to print out Brooke's tickets and green for Justin.
I must say the kids really raked in the tickets with the carnival candy store. Don't get me wrong, I did give them a choice and asked if there was candy they wanted to save. They make the decision and usually decide that the prizes are better. I have a sweet tooth as well so we have other goodies around that are "sugar free" sweetened with Agave Nectar. They aren't totally deprived :) The candy that is turned in is saved for Bus Junior Church, Master Club, or Uncle Travis when he comes for a visit :)
I Needed This More Than I Realized…
3 days ago

1 comment:
i really like the new blog format! Very cute! I really think Uncle Travis should start bringing his own candy, or quit eating it alltogether! HA! The kids brought home their BAGS of candy, they've been rationed to one a day, and they won two cakes, and two goldfish, one of which has met it's demise already. Fun fun fun! They did have a blast. See you soon hopefully!
Post a Comment