Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thriving on Thursday!

Well, this baby is definitely thriving and so I took yet another day to rest on the couch as commanded by my husband. I think I usually end up needing at least one full day of rest to function. Not because I'm tired either. My muscles and veins need the rest. However, I'd do it again to have a boy. I love having boys. Justin and I have a unique relationship that I think all mothers have with their boys.

So I took the afternoon to read to myself and to the kids. We also watched a Little House on the Prairie movie which was in connection to the book we were reading. I went ahead and started the "Five in a row" curriculum with them today. So we started with the book "Three Names" It takes place on the prairie so we learned about where and what the prairies are. It was a nice relaxing approach to learning although Brooke was a little distracted. She has been all day though so I think she is just out of it. She didn't get a nap that's my reasoning for it.

I wanted to get out for a walk as I was lazy all day, but once we ate and I sat down with Shane on the couch that was it for me. Snuggle on the couch or walk? hmmm... He has to work tonight until late so I may even get a chick flick in.

I have a recipe I need to post that I made tonight. It was fabulous. Coconut Chicken Strips. Using coconut flour and flaked coconut. The only thing missing was a spritz of lime juice on them. So yummy!! Also Chocolate pudding was another highlight of our dinner tonight. All sugar free too using Agave Nectar. Love that stuff!!

Well, enough blabber. I'll get on with my evening and post "Truth and Lies" later as well as that recipe.

1 comment:

Karissa Patterson said...

I NEED that recipe.... my husband LOVES coconut almost as much as he loves me ;)