Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Our Prayer Box



This is our prayer box. Any requests we have for people at church or family goes in here to be used during family devotions. We just put them on little cards and each kid gets to pick one out until they are all distributed. It was an easy craft. You just trace your hand on a paper bag and then glue the tops of the fingers so that it makes like a basket. I remember doing this possibly for Thanksgiving when I was little.

Anyway, we haven't really been using it as much as we should and I sometimes get too lazy to pray with the kids each night so I thought..."What if I put this in the middle of the table, then we could pull some out at each meal.

Also a friend of mine suggested reading a chapter to the kids from the Bible each meal. I was thinking of starting with Esther or Jonah. I want to make the Bible important each day, but I don't want to get caught up in reading Bible story books all the time. I know the kids will start to understand God's word as it is simple enough for a child but yet full of deep doctrines and also has something new every day.

We'll give it a shot and see how it goes!! I'm anxious to see what story they want to read first.

No comments: