Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas goodies for the Gluten Free

 Here are my success stories for this Holiday season. This is recipe for fudge that I have called..."Grandma Mckinley's, youth leader's fudge, altered for gluten free needs". That seems too long now that I write it so I'll just call it..."THE BEST FUDGE EVER". Shane wanted some real live fudge as in the past I have tried to do sugar free and dairy free and just plain weird fudge. He wanted a recipe tried and proven and handed down from generation to generation. I knew just who to call. Thanks Grandma!!! It is fabulous. To all the Gluten free freaks out there. This is excellent but not dairy free.


Another request from my darling man was some chex mix. In the past I had not been able to find Worcestershire without soy but this year found some at Fred Meyers. Then I had to battle the season salt. I decided to look it up on the handy dandy Internet and found a recipe for it. So here you have real live chex mix (without nuts cause he didn't want them). Super good. I used the Honey nut chex in place of the wheat chex, but didn't care for the sweetness that it brought to the taste buds. Gluten free pretzels also at Fred's. Once again it is full of dairy, but I'm sure the earth balance butter would work too.

 Here is recipe for the season salt. We put it on our chicken the other night to and it was fabulous. This made a good amount so if you have a spare shaker around you could have some on hand. Enjoy!!

3T Salt
 2T Garlic powder
 1 T Black pepper
1T Onion powder
2 T Paprika

1 comment:

Cheryl Anderson said...

Well, my goodness. You HAVE been busy. No wonder I'm not getting any emails. It all looks very yummy.