now back to normal (as normal as it gets with Niharts) and schedules are in place.
I'll start with some photos of recent home decor and also some ideas I have for the future. I started with my bedroom as I consider it the most special room in the house. It is my sanctuary. My escape from the world.

With some help from a friend I made this canopy out of sheets. I never thought to use sheets for home decor, but if you watch for sales you can really get some great deals. The sheets I found are just beautiful. Nicer than the ones I usually buy and they have satin looking stripes running down them.
The canopy was supposed to come out further over the bed, but I didn't think about the light being there so I'll do it what we like to call "the right way" in a different house. It still looks okay I think.
The furniture is my next project....as you can see nothing matches. I'm not sure what color to paint the furniture. I'm thinking a chocolate brown....any suggestions?
A few rose petals goes a long way. I found them in the wedding section at Walmart for about ten dollars. I have reused them over and over.
I love decorating with candles too and they make the room smell so nice even when they aren't in use.
This is my hope chest from when I turned eighteen. I'm not sure if I want to paint it or not.
I also have some pillows out of the same fabric. That really helps tie it all together.
I put these nesting boxes together with all kinds of fun stuff. Massage tools, lotions, extra rose petals all ready and easy to use.
And finally the main theme of the room. An antique look featuring florals. I am not a floral person but I absolutely love the flower pictures in this calendar that I found.

1 comment:
Hey! :-)
Dont worry, i am still alive. Haha I took this week off work, church went to QLD for a Conference, was great! :-) Feel free to email me at my home address if you want, the missmolly1984 one, and i will reply over the weekend. I am back at work next week. :0)
All your projects loook neato! Im still getting around to posting my stuff, still not done yet. Hehe :-)
Take care. Although, Haha you said your not a floral person so you probably wont like mine. Hehe i LOVE florals. hehe ;-)
Love ya,
Melissa
Post a Comment