Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Princess Party

High Tea is officially over and what a fun day it has been. Princess Brooke-lynn had a splendid, but small gathering. She has some younger friends, but asked if Lea could come. Lea is ten, but is so sweet to Brooke and they had a great time.
I spend the better part of yesterday creating a princess cake suitable for this occasion. This year for Mother's day I got a betty crocker cake decorating kit. It worked wonderfully and I had so much fun using it. Unfortunately I have just as much fun eating what I make. Ha ha!!


















The cake turned out so delicious and very moist. It was actually quite simple with a few tips from a friend (Thanks Mrs. Murphy :) I froze the cake after baking it and removing it from the pans. It really helped to keep it from tearing when I frosted it.

Brooke's gifts were all adorable. She got a lot of fun princess play things...I wish they had some of that stuff in my size :) Hee hee!! She also got a little high chair (picture still to come as there is SOME assembly required) for her puppy. She is so excited about that. Brooke is going to be a mama someday and a good one at that. She follows me around and does with her puppy whatever I am doing with Natasha. ADORABLE!!!

We decorated with pink and I pulled out my china for the mama's (who also dressed like princesses and pretty glass plates for the girls. Each person got a goody bag with princess jewelry in it and some chapstick. Also we cut out some very cute paper dolls that I obtained on-line and they colored those.


Brooke went to sleep around ten last night and I decorated everything with streamers and had the table all set for the party (even though it was at one in the afternoon) The look on her face was priceless. I always wondered how mom's could do these kind of parties every year....now I know why.......

1 comment:

Miss Melissa said...

Aww thats so cute!! Looks like you all had a ball. Although, LOL I am still looking for the pic of mummy (YOU!) in your princess outfit! Come on, be nice and post us a pic to see. :-) Hehe
You did a GREAT job on the caketoo. :-) Good work pal.
Love
Melissa