Thursday, July 23, 2009

Herb Help

I'm still in the middle of figuring out what herbs to take. A couple websites that I have found are:

www.thebulkherbstore.com
www.beeyoutiful.com

Some of the herbs that I'm considering are listed below and are available at The Bulk Herb Store. I think mostly in powder form, but if you are juicing then you can add the herbal powder to your drink.

Psyllium Seed - This one is probably the key ingredient in most fiber and colon cleanse type products. After some reading it was clear that I needed to clean out the intestinal area where it seems the yeast lives and thrives.

Pau d'Arco - This is a bark that I make into a tea. It has recently gained popularity specifically for use in fighting systemic yeast infections as it has anti-fungal properties. Since the bark has even been said to fight things like leukemia and cancer, it surely has good healing properties and my colon definitely needs such.

Black Walnut - This is good for the colon and for constipation, as well as plenty of other things. I haven't started a regiment with this one because it's probably best I take it in capsule form and I have only the powder and no capsules to fill as yet.

Detox+ - This is an herbal blend that utilizes bentonite clay, charcoal, psyllium seed, slippery elm bark, peppermint leaf powder, marshmallow root powder, flax seed. Bentonite clay has negative charge properties that will carry metal out of the body. Charcoal is known to capture toxins and carry them safely out as well. This one would be good to read a bit about to get it's purpose and qualities.

Oil of Oregano is very beneficial as well. Oreganol is a great brand.

No comments: