A note to all mothers with teething babies. This worked stupendously well. She chewed on this watermelon all through dinner and I enjoyed a nice HOT meal.
I don't think some people appreciate the summer fruits as much as others. I even slaved over a blender to make her these green beans. I tell you....the thanks I get. She was making funnier faces, but I couldn't catch them with the camera. She likes the flash I guess.
I had an excess of peaches recently so I decided to get creative. Only problem is half of the family can't have sugar. So I researched honey a little bit and substituted it for the sugar. I decided on Peach Cobbler for the Labor day weekend and yes those are hearts on top. I tasted the dough and it was superb. We'll see what the judges think of it :)
This is not just a pot of goo. I'm trying my hand at making ketchup. It is still simmering as I blog, but I hope it turns out. I'd rather not eat the sugar-infused, store-bought stuff. Priorities...priorities...do I really want to spend a day making homemade condiments?

2 comments:
Haha! i dont think tash liked the green beans too much! I dont blame her, that doesnt look very appetising indeed! :-)
What did your ketchup turn out like? :-) Good? The kids are so adorable and how they ask about the cookies, they look like yummy cookies! What kind are they?
Well off home now tis the weekend, and it calleth. Have a good weekend!
Love
Melissa
ha ha tasha's face is priceless in the picture with the beans. And that peach dish looks so good!!! I remember singing the littlest worm while husking corn as well lol
Post a Comment