We acknowledge the differences in our spouse and family members, but do we appreciate them? Differences are the spice of life and they should not be aggravating.
Men - Compartmentalize information into boxes. They like to "park a thought" so they may not say much, but are deep in thought.
Women - use conversation to feel connected. What does this conversation mean to the relationship.
Men - Base success on their perceived performance in each of those "boxes" mentioned above. They look for respect and that is why they are more competitive.
Women - Measure success by being acknowledged. They make an emotional connection with the task. They are an encourager.
Men - want to fight and conquer. They want to be noticed and appreciated for something they can do that is unique. They want to be challenged and are doers. They want to live an adventure and leave a legacy.
Women - it's all about "being". They want to be noticed and appreciated by their beauty and how they look. They want to nurture and care for something.
Questions a man will spend his life asking
1. Who am I?
2. What am I made of?
3. What adventure am I destined for?
4. Will I be able to do the job?
Questions a woman will spend her life asking
1. Do I matter to someone?
2. Will someone notice my beauty?
3. Who will I help?
4. Is my white knight coming?
Love Languages John 13:34-35
Love must have feeling and action. If we love in action feeling will come. You will know love by giving love.
Everyone has a primary love language a way in which they like to receive love.
1. Words of encouragement - John 15:15; 1Thess. 4:9; Prov. 25:11 Words are very powerful. Verbal words or love notes
2. Gift giving - Eph. 5:25; Prov.18:16; Prov.17:8
3. Acts of Service - 1John 3:18 Doing something the other person wants done. Does it need to be done? NOT Do I like to do it....just do it.
4. Time - Mark 3:14 (Christ ordained the 12 disciples to BE WITH HIM) Quantity of time is what is important not quality.
5. Physical touch and closeness - Mark 10:13-16; John 13:23
I Needed This More Than I Realized…
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment