Thursday, July 4, 2013

Longest Post in "Nihart Nest" history!!!!

And rightly so as it has been so long since I've posted anything that I'm too ashamed to even look at the date of my last entry. I do know I had to switch my blog background to something less...well....snowy? Snow would be quite nice though at this moment. It has been a scorching 102 or hotter here in the Idaho desert. We've actually had the power shut down a few times because of the overloaded system. We do all our outside chores before 11AM because it is too hot by then. Our latest project is taking apart a bunch of shipping pallets to up cycle them into a thing of beauty. They will be taking the form of desks and shelving as a starter. Justin is working the sawzall and I'm stacking wood. Soon I shall start sanding. Our built-in bookshelves are still a work in progress but I was pleading with Shane to have them done before school so that I can get that room in order for the next year. The kids are growing like weeds despite my protests and I literally cry every time Xander does something new. The other day I turned around from the kitchen sink to see Justin standing a few feet from me and I could have sworn he looked like a full grown man. It was like I got a flash picture of the future. I started tearing up and said "Justin, you're making me cry". He said," I'm just standing here". I told him to stop it :) We hugged and I felt a little better. He is good about hugs and I won't let him get away with wiping off my kisses or hug dodging. I'm not a hugger in general but there is something about hugs from my boys...

The following will be a glance of our last few months of fun, frolic, and festivities. After this update I'm thinking of taking this blog more seriously and doing something useful with it. Any ideas? What can I blog about that would be important to the masses? Well, introducing them to the CUTEST kids on earth is a start!!!

 Here is the fifth and sadly the last :( Xander has been such a blessing as the final addition to our nest.

 Brookie worked hard and earned her yellow belt in March

 This is outdated as Justin just tested for his advanced blue belt last week, but he was receiving his basic blue belt in this picture.

 Shane surprised me with a trip to the OCEAN for our 10th Anniversary in January. WHAT A GUY!!!
(pardon my fly away hair, some guy on the beach took our pic and didn't bother to tell me I had a hair issue. It kinda blends in with the waves...right?....)
 Ah the ocean...It was beautiful the whole time we were there. I mean it was January on the Oregon coast so not super warm, but it wasn't raining.
 It started clearing up and we ended up with sunshine on our last day there.
 Where's the beach???? Maybe this super hot stud will point me in the right direction.
 I couldn't get enough of this!! Pleasantly I was spoiled enough to be able to open our hotel window and fall asleep to the sound of the waves outside.

 We had an ocean view and in a few minutes time could walk down to take in the watery splendor.
 Random bird...I think they are called sea gulls? :)
 Our last night there I was adamant about seeing the beach at sunset. I almost cried it was so beautiful. That was probably the most beautiful night of our married life. This sunset rendezvous followed the best meal I have ever eaten. Even better than The Mona Lisa fondue. It was a five star restaurant and as you can see from the picture below...they'll never forget the night we showed up.

 We managed to get a REAL picture. The waiter was laughing every time he went by cause we couldn't get both of our heads in the right spot at the right time.
 Oh yeah...there was some baby that kept showing up...
He was a doll. He slept at the right times, (except when I was shopping at a vintage store, he was screaming and Shane's wallet was glad that we had to leave) he was happy and so easy. It felt like he wasn't even there. No offense Xander!!! Hopefully he isn't scarred for life.

 I am excited to see what the next ten years bring. We've been through the best of times already it seems. I thank God for the man he put in my life.

Then, back to the real world....
 
 Welcome home...lets all get sick for six weeks STRAIGHT!!! We've never been so sick. It was bad, but fun in a way and I don't think I've rested that much in my life. We pulled out one of the kids' mattresses and they camped out on that for a few days with me on the couch. Let's just say the cable bill was a bit high that month.
 Spencer did get sick eventually but wasn't sick when the rest of us were and doesn't seem to concerned with our misfortune either.

 The boys reading their Bibles together. Nothing can be as precious as that.
 Nanner Bananer, taking on the chair. He's even got his foot up in the air in preparation for his amazing stunt.
 Thanks to mom for this photo. Spencer's a little out of it but...that's Spencer. Their temperaments really show on their faces in this pic.
 Laundry helper. I think I may have a pic of all of my babies in this scene. Probably cause I'm always doing laundry :)
 I have a baby pic of me doing this same thing
 Do these glasses make my butt look big? Ha ha!!! Remember these mom? I have pics of you with these that are always good for a laugh.
 Okay
 Okay, people....it's IDAHO we all have guns and our two year olds know how to use them :) God, guts, and guns...that's what it's all about!!! Never fear, Shane's studly, gorgeously tan, arm is there to help. We ain't THAT dumb.
 Came out one morning and found Spencer asleep in the corner of the couch like this. He loves to do this. It is his happy place I guess.
 Pretty Fishergirl. Spencer calls it "Fooshing".
 Can you tell I love the age of two and three. Most of these pics are Spencer. He loves this car seat when it is in the house and here he had come home from "fooshing" and fell asleep in it.
 "Dern bench lid...won't close...I'll just make do. After all I'm so amazing, I can play the piano flawlessly with the threat of be smashed in a bench at any moment hanging over my head."
 "Don't mind me, I'll just sit over here in the corner until you notice me and eat carpet fuzz"
 His first swing ride and Tasha has the honor of pushing him.
 I remember this kid. She got left in a park somewhere after trying to sit in a baby swing. We lose more Niharts that way.

 Once you see this you'll never forget it and it brings a smile to my face every time. We call it...her HUMONGOUS eyes. She does it so well.
 As a pre-crawler he went exploring to see where the best crumbs were found.
 Gotta have a messy face pic.
 For fun, some girlfriends and I stayed up late chalking driveways and putting googly eyes on everything in our refrigerator. The kids found it the next morning. The apples and potatoes were looking at them through the produce drawer. It was priceless.
 Spencer's first time feeding Nanner.
 This smile is so contagious!! It makes you want to crinkle up your nose and kiss him all over.
 Shane chose to take his best friend....oh and me too (hee hee) to The Piano Guys for his birthday. I was allowed to bring a friend...I choose you Jamie :)
 Shane got to meet Ronald for the second time in his life. This time he wasn't screaming and running in terror.
 That's one way to get what you want. The car box is out every day. A favorite hobby of Spencer's and he LOVES trailers. Xander shall follow in his tire tracks :)
 Cutest nieces in the world and my arms ache to love on them!!! So adorable and looking just like their Auntie Kim.
 Father/Son fishing trip hosted by the church in honor of Father's day, but someone forgot to tell the fish that it was the FATHER's special day. The son's were the only lucky ones. We have yet to fry these babies up...the fish that is :)
 Day at the beach. The goggles really do it for him.
 A horse crazy girl at her first horse lessons. She was in heaven. She was so proud that she knows how to control a horse now.
We celebrated with a horse crazy birthday party. Carrot cake, apples, and granola, sugar cubes and fun, fun, fun. She is such a sweet princess. My special girl. She'll be a great mama someday!!!

So you are all up to date. 

Let me know what you'd like to hear from the Nihart Nest. I'm trying to be a little more creative with it than just our news, but I know that helps a lot of you keep in touch. 

No comments: