Scratch that....stupid smart phone problems prohibit me from posting some chocolate covered pictures of my Christmas helpers. Sorry!! It of course isn't a user error. I shall check with my personal (super hot) geek and get back to you on those pics!! So for now just the recipe...
Brownie Batter Pancakes
(Makes 6-8 silver-dollar pancakes)- 1/4 cup spelt flour (or all-purpose or Bob’s gluten-free)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa or dutch cocoa (You can sub regular cocoa, but I haven’t tried it in this recipe and therefore can’t personally vouch for the taste)
- 1 and 1/2 packets nunaturals stevia or 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar (you can use less if you’re planning to top with syrup and don’t want the actual pancakes to taste sweet.)
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp applesauce or oil (Personally, I use 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 tbsp applesauce. I don’t like the taste of fat-free pancakes.)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 and 1/2 tbsp milk of choice
There are only 130 calories in this entire recipe. If you want a more substantial breakfast, feel free to make a bigger serving and/or go crazy with the toppings!!
This only serves one or two people and of course we had to twelve zillion the recipe for our hungry nest. We used GF All purpose flour, coconut palm sugar, the oil/applesauce combo, and almond milk. The batter smelled like brownies and now our house has an amazing post breakfast scent of chocolate which I'm sure will help our Christmas creativity.
Crisis averted and here are the pics...
Not sure what to think of this look but he's cute. Half asleep perhaps? Soon to be recharged by all the cocoa in these babys.
I think he likes them!!!
Why botherest thou me? I'm eating my brownie goodness!
Hello, I'm miss perfect pants without a smidge of chocolate on MY face.
I've been loved on by my chocolate covered brother. How nice of him leave me a snack for later on my sleeper :)
The kids will be making their lists and me as well, as we craft and plan for shopping. Shane will take them out this afternoon and I'll have time to work on wrapping and such. So much more to say but the baby is calling me. He apparently doesn't want to wait till dinner time for his brownie pancakes. Love to you all and Christmas cheer!! More posts to come this holiday break :)

1 comment:
Mmmmmm!!! I'll have to try those pancakes! Such sweet kiddos you have.
Post a Comment