Now that we are two weeks into baby number 5, it is time to get back to normal. Wait...what is normal? We're going to have a new kind of "normal" and I haven't figured it out yet. I do know it will include the usual things like school, cooking (oh, how I miss my kitchen), cleaning, organizing, and exercise (oh how I need to exercise). However, everything is going to have to be simplified. For someone like me who is complicated, just ask my hubby, this isn't going to be easy. I like to do everything the hard, and over-analyzing way. Shane and I have come up with a "simple" plan for the next few months of school and I have finally joined the amazing Pinterest to help me with all my other issues. Ha ha!! It gives me something to do while I'm quarantined to the couch/bed. I'm thankful that Shane makes me sit cause I always push it and try to do things too soon. I get my energy back so quickly that I feel like I can do it and then afterwards realize...That was dumb!!!
My first project was getting our bedroom back to "romance mode". After a home birth, it needed some attention and as soon as Xander moves into the boys room in a few weeks it will be back to beautiful. I did have some additions to the decor thanks to a labor-inducing walk and a sale flyer from Shopko.
So here is picture #1. The addition here is the purple blackout curtains covering the window above the bed. Hard to see the real colors with the lighting and it doesn't really have the full effect as my beautiful, gold comforter is away at the dry cleaners. Eventually the bed will be the cherry wood color with tons of fabric for a canopy. Definitely need some new throw pillows.
Shane and I took a walk while I was laboring with Xander...well, we took several walks, but on one of them, we passed a garage sale and I saw this mirror. I loved it but couldn't think of hand where to put it. So we passed it by, then an hour later we went out for lunch and I asked Shane if we could just go grab it and I would find a spot. With that gold trim, I can't believe I didn't think right off to put it in our room. The dresser will also be the cherry wood someday with Moroccan designs painted on it. I moved all my make up and jewelry to the top two drawers and it freed up a bunch of space in the bathroom since we only have a mirror cubby thing and a pedestal sink. Not a lot of storage in there.
Here's a close up and you can see the bathroom door/curtain in the mirror.
The lighting is different in this corner as it is right by the sliding glass door, but we also got two red blackout panels for the door and boy is it nice. We went with the blackout curtains because I had been napping at all hours of the day after Xander was born and the cream curtains were letting in so much harsh sunlight...I'm a cloudy, rainy girl anyway.

1 comment:
I love how it's coming along, beautiful retreat!!
Post a Comment