What beauty is found in a woman that fears the Lord and honors him with her clothing. In this day and age the fashion industry has zero morals. At least in the "good old days", the forties say (my favorite era), there was a respect for modesty among the masses. A classy blend of modesty and fashion. Now the fashion world is run by pretty boys with swooped hair, purple shirts, and luscious lashes. Why would I desire to heed to their inspiration and suggestions? The ones who, of all in this world, hate my God, my Bible, and my beliefs the most. I have decided that I'm sick of it. I have carelessly wasted the time my Saviour has given me on many days, surfing the web, searching for ways to improve this worthless flesh. The first clue that this would be a bad idea is the fact the avenue to this "valuable" information is by way of the "world" wide web. Carnality, lust, and coveting, run rampid in my own mind and if we are all honest....yours too?
1 Peter 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul.
The Challenge: Some spring/summer cleaning with the Saviour. What would he say about your closet. Try everything on in your closet and ask yourself does this honor my
Saviour? Am I pushing some lines that I shouldn't? Why am I walking on
the fence with fashion? Is my heart right with God in this area?
Tips: Have fun with accessories. Hats, earrings, and jewelry. You don't have to experiment with the hem and neck lines to make your attire more fun.
I am ashamed and humbled, knowing exactly the pieces I need to part with. I hate that I may have made some stumble in that I have worn certain things that I shouldn't have. Lord, forgive me, and you as well if this is the case.
Ladies, we are strangers and pilgrims in this world as our home is Heaven. We may look a little strange to the fashionable world, because we are not of this world. It is like someone from India visiting our US of A. They stand out because they are not of us. STAND OUT FOR CHRIST!!! Make him PROUD!!! Doesn't it make you proud to see your own kids stand up for the little guy or make a right decision. That is how it is with our Saviour and Father. He is so proud when he sees us make the right choice when faced with the influences of the World. It's a battlefield and will require a conscious decision to do right each and every time you open your closet doors.
We are just passing through, my sisters. Our enemy is out to destroy us and fashion is an easy fiery dart to shoot at us women. It seems harmless: a little make-up here, a little hair spray there and a skirt hem that is a little shorter than last Sundays. Before long we are looking at ourselves in the mirror thinking we look pretty darn good and super hot!!! Satan has then clouded our judgement and we are now in bondage to fashion. Victory is gone in our lives and we have a passive mind set to the things of God. All because we sat down for an afternoon on Pinterest and pinned away our fashion desires.
Don't get me wrong and take this to the extreme. There is a balance. As I've heard said, "If the barn needs a coat of paint...." I love make-up and don't plan on going Amish. There are times for the extreme in make-up and clothing (or lack thereof), and that is in the bedroom under the sanctity of marriage. Have a blast with that. :) But be a testimony outside that bedroom door.
Definition of Modesty: Clothing that draws attention to the face. Humble and free from vanity and showy extravagance. Concerning shorts, and skirts, the Bible states that it should be nothing above the knees. Gee....that puts a damper on swimming days. Never fear, I came across a site recently that can help http://freshmodesty.com/index.php/ebooks/swimwear-ebook. This blog was an encouragement to me on this subject. http://freshmodesty.blogspot.com/
So as mentioned at the beginning...what beauty is found in a woman that fears the Lord and honors him with her clothing. We don't notice the stems and leaves of a flower we see the blossom first and foremost. So should it be with our clothing.
I will be joining you in this challenge and may we all as sisters in Christ strive to honor our Lord in our clothing from here on out. I will pray for you all this Summer!!
I Needed This More Than I Realized…
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment