Well, we've started the process of moving. Last night was our first night in our new home. It feels like such a bigger deal than any rental we've ever had and it is as God has given it to us to OWN!! He is so good! He has guided us through this whole thing and there is such peace that comes with waiting on his timing.
Yesterday Shane's brothers came over to spend the night as Mom and Dad Nihart were on an overnight date so they were a huge help in moving. We borrowed Great Grandma Nihart's truck and moved over almost all the boxes and a lot of the furniture (mattresses, dressers, storage cubbies, TV and entertainment center, etc) So mostly it feels like a home. My kitchen is pretty close to "put together". It is a little smaller storage-wise so I'm glad I got that new/old (it's an antique) buffet table. It will help once we put a few extra shelves in the cupboards. We felt no anxiety at all sleeping here last night other than a couple strange noises we had to figure out :) but that's normal with any new house. The dog was pretty nervous but we have that sliding glass door in our room going out to the backyard so he knew we were close by and that helped. All in all it is general excitement around here. Shane is thrilled we finally have internet access after being without for a day ha ha!! It is wicked fast too. Pays to be married to a geek. Everything is fitting just like we thought it would...though I haven't put together the school room yet. I am still searching Craigslist for an antique desk for me. I want to get back at it on Monday as we have pretty much had our summer break in the winter with painting and cleaning, and moving. The kids aren't dumb though...they read better than any kids I know their age and hence love to read so they are learning every time they pick up a book. We'll be hitting math pretty hard and we are all excited to start up again as we will all have new desks :)
I am glad with moving and all that it hasn't snowed, though yesterday and today we had some sprinklings of rain and today some terrible wind. Thankfully we got most of the loads over before the wind. We had a friendly neighbor come over and welcome us and introduce himself. He told us that he was the neighborhood weather guy and wanted to know if we knew about the wind. He has patio furniture that blows everywhere in the slightest wind because of how his house is set up and sometimes the way the wind blows. It was nice of him to let us know.
More stories and pictures to come. I'm having to more due to husbands orders and the joys of pregnancy, so I'll have plenty of time between a few boxes :)

1 comment:
So happy for you guys. :-) Enjoy settling in. And congratulations on your pregnancy! :-)
Post a Comment