God has given us a new home for Christmas this year. Well, it sort of became ours in September. We have been over there painting and cleaning and preparing it for move-in. We are waiting on someone to either buy or rent out our current house and then we can make the big move. We will for sure be in no later than February 11th. It is amazing to think how fast the last few months have gone but now we only have a little over a month to finish things up. I was a little impatient at first but now see how God has blessed me with the ability to make our house a home before we even move in. It will be a peaceful move thanks to some very special people. I'm sure you know who you are but I shall name you all....My parents, Shane's parents, Travis and Jamie Dean, and Mr. and Mrs. Zimmerman. Thanks so much to you all!!
The following are before pictures and the color ideas I had when we started out. The "after" pictures will come after I finish painting like the wind. This home has three bedrooms, two full baths, and a family room. No garage but a huge shed in the back, garden space and room to run. There is also a little play house in the back that the kids are excited about. The front yard is smaller with most of the space in the back. Brand new porch on front and deck in back. Shane is busy putting up a fence on the front as the sides and back are already done. The front also has curbscape. It already looks pretty even without flowers. I'll need your help on that mother dear.
This picture was taken with Adam, Brae and Justin enjoying the "rectangular opening" (they were jumping over that wall in the center of the pic) They will be sorely disappointed when that comes to an end on moving day. Anyway...I am standing in the hallway and what you see here is the front door and living room with beautiful dark wood pergo floors on the right and the former garage...now converted family room/school room on the left complete with pellet stove I picture two individual school desks in front of those windows which will give us the perfect "one room school house" feel. There are three steps down to that room so it feels very open especially with a rectangular opening on that center wall and the wall on the left there. That wall on the left is a kitchen wall.
Family/office/school room - This photo of the family room was taken from the kitchen, looking through the rectangular opening. The bottom left corner, on that wall is a side door leading outside. This room is HUGE and will have floor to ceiling, built-in, bookcase on left wall there. There will be a desk size cubby for Shane's desk on the center of that wall.
These are the colors for the office/school room. The whole house will have a vintage theme except for the bedrooms. This historic picture is from a patriotic calendar that I had saved. The blue will be on the three walls not containing bookcases. The red will be an accent. I have since purchased another calendar with old war posters. Also have some framed quotes from famous presidents. The after picture will follow in a week or so...
Living room - This room will be fortune cookie brown/beige with black furniture and you can also see a swatch of the gold trim color. This picture does not do this paint justice. It is a metallic based paint and when you put it on it actually shines like gold. It is GORGEOUS and is my favorite part of all the paint...well maybe my room will be pretty cool. It has taken three darn coats but is now on all the trim in the whole house except the kids bedrooms. At forty bucks a gallon...it is soooo worth it. (Pics to come soon) The theme of this room will be black and white photos in black frames maybe some sepia as well. I have a calendar featuring this theme as well so I can frame some of those pics. I also have the V-day soldier kissing the nurse picture (might be my all time favorite) to display as well.
Kitchen/dining room - This kinda looks small in the pic but there is about four more feet to the right of this pic and then the rectangular opening/half wall. I will put a buffet table there that will have more storage. There is room for an island or counter top height table though it doesn't look that roomy in this picture. The counter tops are green and black with specks of white. The dining area is actually to the left. That front living room/ dining room is also HUGE. So we have kind of a separate area for dining which I'm excited about. No more school at the table (I hope). With a school room now...I can now keep my vase of flowers and/or table cloth on all day looking pretty. Anyway the light you see in the left upper corner is the hallway light. Then further left is the dining room.
The theme of the kitchen and dining area is guess....I'm sure you don't know...Coca Cola ha ha. For those of you who know, I've been collecting Coke stuff since I was in high school. I am going with the vintage coke stuff though (maroon, sage green, gibson girl look) as opposed to the modern red white and black stuff. So this green is called Oolong tea and the fortune cookie beige will be on one wall of the dining as well. The living and dining wall run together. The maroon will be the accent. This tin is an idea of the theme. I have to tell ya...that green looks unbelievably gorgeous against the shiny gold trim.
Main Bathroom in hall - I have...yet another calendar showing antique seed packet picture and flowers. Much to Justin's dismay, this will be the main bath and kids bath. The light green to the right of the blue pic is the one we will use for the whole bathroom. Red is the accent color. I just picked up a green antique glass soap dispenser and toothbrush holder at Target that fits the theme really well. I may use the dark green for accents somewhere too...not sure yet. It comes together slowly. Again gold is the color I tied in with each room and my shower curtain is also gold.
This is my favorite feature of this bath. This sink and cabinet looks so vintage. LOVE IT!! Whoops...someone left the toilet seat up...but it is a new toilet seat :)
Kid's rooms -
Girls are going to have a princess theme...surprise, surprise. Aunt Jamie Dean is quite the artist and is painting a castle mural on one wall in their room with the other walls the darker pink you see here. The trim will be the cream ceiling color.
Boys room is Camo. Fabulous Aunt Jamie is painting camo on two of his walls and the other two are green. The wall with the closet and the wall with the door are camo. We even painted the back of the door, so hopefully he won't get lost. We will take down the closet doors and hang camo netting up instead. Here are the colors we are using minus the minty green one.
Master Bedroom - This final picture is of our room. Well part of it. My favorite part, the mirrored closet doors. I was standing in the opening of the bathroom door looking into the room to take this pic. As you can see we have our own private door to the back deck. The deck is right off our room and this is the only door in the back of the house so it will be like a little retreat. I imagine a patio table and there is room off the deck to put a hot tube eventually. This room is sherbert green right now from floor to ceiling. The carpet is actually a pretty shade of green but the walls make it overwhelming. I have changed my mind on colors in this room and was glad that we had to wait a bit cause I don't think I would have LOVED it with my first choices. My final decision is a Moroccan theme with shiny fabrics everywhere and deep rich colors and gold ceiling. The main color is deep blue, with gold, purple and maroon accents. I don't have any pics of the colors I've chosen. Jamie's going to help me do some ragging on the walls.
So there you have it. The "after" pictures are on their way. I'm so excited to finally dress my nest. Something of our very own. What a blessing!! I just realized that in the above pic it appears that someone has been locked out. ha ha!
I Needed This More Than I Realized…
3 days ago












2 comments:
Thank you for the tour! I'm so excited to see everything in person. I would love to come up in the spring and help you plant flowers. I'm so happy for you!
SO SO SO EXCITING!!!!!!
Post a Comment