Saturday, January 2, 2010

Renewed Resolutions

January here again. Despite the outdoor dreariness (though I'm an Eeyore at heart and enjoy it) my heart is renewed and uplifted knowing that I have a clean slate as of yesterday. I almost blew it too as we got home very late and I was nodding off as I read the first days assignments from the Bible Reading Calendar. My goal of course like many of you is to get up at five every morning, read my Bible, work out, clean part of the house, and start breakfast. There was a time not so long ago that I was doing that regularly, but recent events have changed that up. We are expecting our fourth little blessing in August and I am EXHAUSTED....to say the very least. It is all I can do to get my carcass out of bed by eight. So I decided that I'll do what I can and make sure to keep the priorities straight. If nothing else, I'll whisper a prayer as my feet hit the floor and get my reading in at night when the kids are in bed.

So I start off this year with my New Year's Resolutions.

1. Read my Bible everyday and spend time in prayer. I have seen God bring me forward in this area and I was able to get through my Bible for the first time last year! What a blessing to gain some ground.

2. Work on the Fruits of the Spirit every day. Pick one to work on each month and perhaps by 2011 I'll have mastered one.

Love - to be pleased with, affection
Joy - happiness
Peace - harmony, state of reconciliation
Longsuffering - patient, not easily provoked
Gentleness - mildness, tenderness, sweet of disposition
Goodness - moral virtue, acts of kindness, charity
Faith - belief in God and what He can do
Meekness - humility, submission to divine will, without murmuring, opposed to pride
Temperance - moderation of appetites and passions, calmness

Two major goals this year, but by God's help if I can stick to them I know I"ll have gained some ground in my Christian walk and maybe those sins that haunt me everyday will not have such power.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a neat idea to concentrate on the fruits of the spirit. they are definitely good traits to obtain!