Well, Christmas 09 is come and gone. I still think I love Thanksgiving the best because you don't have any stress other than "Will I burn the turkey to a crunchy crisp?". The kids and I took three weeks off school in order to finish up some Christmas projects. We had fun but I'm all about routine and I'm glad to pack up the tinsel and throw out the tree. Here are some of the projects that they helped me with. They made hot chocolate for some of their friends and teachers at church. This was probably the most fun craft cause they got to eat a kiss every now and then.

These bags turned out real cute especially after they were packed with goodies for our neighbors and friends at church. They got pretty creative with this craft and Brooke, who can't sit still for more than a half hour, got pretty funny with them. They started to look like a melting Frosty as she hurried through them to get on with something else.

The highlights of our Christmas were attending a live Nativity. It will be forever engrained into our freezing cold minds as we sat outside for forty five minutes with the temperatures in the teens. Will be sure to plan that better next year. It was pretty neat with a real donkey and some goats. I was able to find a ton of free things to do during the Christmas holidays on the Press Tribune website. Another activity we did was attend "A Charlie Brown Christmas" play. It was very good, but I must say the the program that our own church put on this year put it to shame. It was fabulous and I wouldn't mind having a repeat next year. The kids were spoiled rotten as usual as well as Shane and I. My favorite gifts were a gift certificate to a spa (What a Man!!!) and also a camcorder. Hence, a lot of my documenting will be on that now and not as much on this blog. I still like to get on an type/vent a little it is so relaxing for me. I guess it is one of my hobbies. So anyway, I pray you all had a merry Christmas and as the new year comes upon us remember to set some goals. I'll get to that a little later.
No comments:
Post a Comment