Friday, September 18, 2009

The Angels Rejoiced last Tuesday!!

My salvation birthday is of course the most wonderful and exciting day of my life, I thought my wedding day would rate second, but since Tuesday, I'm not so sure.

My five year old son, Justin, accepted Jesus into his heart on Tuesday this week. Hallelujah!! He's been bombarding me with questions for months. He is an information guy. I could tell that he was thinking a lot about God and sin. He started having scary dreams about two weeks ago too, and that is always a sign that their consciences are getting tender.

I was reading my Master Club lesson notes to the kids and it ended with the question...What are Adam and Eve going to do? Their hearts are dirty with sin? Justin piped up and said that he knew what they had to do, they had to ask Jesus to make their hearts clean. Then he shocked me and said "I did that." I was taken aback and after asking him some questions discovered that he had indeed. He wasn't sure that if he asked God to make his heart clean if God really would. I think because he didn't feel that different. He had done this all on his own on Monday night. I told him that if he asked God to do it then He would.

This was around 7Pm. and we had planned to go door knocking in our neighborhood promoting a special service this Sunday. After we got home from that we got ready for bed and when I tucked Justin in he asked me again about God washing his heart. He said he had prayed again in the bathroom while getting ready for bed. At this point I thought, "This boy really wants to get saved." I was nervous to push him because I want it to be so real in his life that he never doubts. I asked him if he wanted me to pray with him and we did. I think that helped him solidify it in his mind. I read him 1John 5:12 and told him that God will do what He promises to do. We wrote everything in his Bible so he wouldn't forget. He wanted to write it himself and it is so precious to look at with the messy kindergarten style penmanship.


We talked for about an hour and in that time he told me that he just wants to tell everyone about Jesus. Randomly through out the week he has mentioned that he is so happy that Jesus washed his sins away.

He's already started witnessing to his sister and you can just see it in his countenance. He's having trouble understanding the fact that we still sin even though we are saved. I told him that The devil tries to make us do bad things because it makes Jesus sad. The devil wants Jesus to be sad. I told him that his heart will always be clean now but the right thing to do when you've done something wrong is to apologize to Jesus and ask forgiveness.

I was doubtful at first, but as Shane said the signs of true salvation are there. A burden for souls the desire to be clean and a happiness about the whole experience. I believe it was real and I praise my Savior letting me be a part of it.

I thank my God for touching the heart of my precious boy at such an early age and saving him from so many worldly sorrows.

I thank Him for allowing me to be stay-at-home mom and have the opportunity to talk to my kids about these important issues.

I thank Him for convicting my heart about the music I listen to. My kids have to know what every song is talking about and what a blessing to be able to explain a song about Jesus love for us and salvation. They sing at the top of their lungs. My music alone is a witness to my kids of God's love.

I thank Him also for helping me to choose the perfect curriculum for our homeschool. A curriculum based around the word of God.

I thank Him that 16 years ago He worked in my dad's heart to want something better for his family spiritually and led our family to Treasure Valley Baptist where I accepted Jesus as my Saviour at the age of ten.

I thank Him for the faithfulness and love of Justin's Sunday School teachers who strive to influence children for the Savior.

Most of all I thank Him (as tears fill my eyes) for a way of escape from this dreadful world and the price of sin. His shed blood on that cruel cross a high price indeed. So priceless and precious. I'll love him forever for that sacrifice of love, that saved my wicked soul from a tortuous hell and gave my son such hope and joy at the age of five. I praise His matchless name for he is worthy and deserves my praise. I love you, blessed Savior.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! PRAISE GOD. Justin has a good heart God will greatly use him as he grows up. Thank God for salvation!

~Ashlynn

Kimberly said...

He was very sad that you aren't his teacher this year. Brooke is in there this year can you believe it?

Bus Driving Mama said...

I'm so happy I'm crying!! Thanks for posting this!

Teri Woods

Anonymous said...

Aww I know. Justin was/is my favorite! I will miss being in there with him. I can't believe Brookie is in there. Time sure does fly. Tell Justin just cuz I'm not his teacher doesn't mean he has to stop coloring me pictures for my fridge and giving me hugs! I love your kids. You guys need to go on a date soon and let me watch them! ! Ashlynn

Miss Melissa said...

Awww Kim, i loved reading that. So true, so touching and so beautiful! Isnt it wonderful witnessing a child accept christ? :) What a blessing, and a comfort for you!
May the Lord continue to bless your precious family. I miss you, and think of you often! :) xo
Love
Melissa

Cheryl Anderson said...

The third generation of Anderson's saved now. What a blessing that your Dad accepted the Lord and got the ball rolling. Praise the Lord for Justin and his tender heart towards the Lord.