Friday, December 26, 2008

Nifty, new nest

Here are some photos of the new updates to my nest. Shane gave me these flowers recently and as the theme in our bedroom is an antique garden, I thought these would add a nice touch.



This cherry finish bedside table was a gift from my man for Christmas. I absolutely love the darker wood. We will get another one in a couple months and will have the matching set. The rod iron wall hangings that Shane hung up for me are on each side of the bed and it really helped to give the simple canopy a finished look.




















Here is the arrangement that we came up with using the shelf that I'm sure Mom will reccognize. I now need to sand it down and restain it to match the cherry wood. I guess that gives us our next project for the next time you are here Mom:) We switched dressers with Brooke as she and Tasha didn't need one quite so big and it didn't fit in her room anymore. So I thought this turned out nice considering nothing came as a set and I really had to use my imagination. I have a lot of sanding and staining to do though. I've never done that before so it may not happen.






2 comments:

Cheryl Anderson said...

That really looks nice. You come up with creative ideas.

Miss Melissa said...

I love all the improvements to your nest. ;) They look great! I especially like the wrought iron candle things. Those are too cute! Hehe.. You should try the staining, there is always a first time for everything. ;) Maybe practice on somehing first if your unsure.
xoxo