Sunday, May 8, 2011

Priorities

I have to admit that I recently considered quitting Tuesday ladies as I was getting overwhelmed with the amount of time that we DON'T spend on school. Not that we are behind but I was feeling that I needed to prioritize my time better. One or both of the older kids usually join me for the door knocking expedition every week. Well, let it be known that the stupidest thing you can do is prioritize your time and leave God out of it. Yes, it does take up a morning every week that we would normally do school, but recently God showed me how important it is to show my kids that He and His work are at the top of my to do list.

Shane and I were working out in the living room and the kids were told to play in their rooms. As we did our cool down we could hear them knocking on each others doors and saying "Hi, we're from Treasure Valley Baptist Church". Shane said, "They're playing door knocking". My heart just melted and I thanked God for showing me what is important in life. That is my goal with homeschooling anyway that they will fall in love with the Bible and with their Savior.

So, Mrs. Collom, I guess you can expect us every week as I have little door knockers in training :)

No comments: