Another Friday almost come and gone. A fabulous day because we had a fun day of school, walks, and time with Papa building our model of Noah's ark. I am now enjoying some homemade applesauce that has cinnamon scented our house all day in the crock pot. I know summer isn't the best time for this dish but today didn't get over eighty and it is cooling off even more in the next few days. So I felt the comfort food cravings taking over and had some apples to use up. This has been the best summer for being pregnant. It was only real hot for about one month so far. I'm usually quite comfortable in the warmer weather anyway and sometimes wear a jacket indoors even in summer.
Now I'm just sitting around (and I do mean "round") watching Charlie Brown with the kids. Shane had to work a bit tonight and will be home late. The kids will probably want to have a sleepover since Fridays are usually our family nights.
Now a week overdue with Baby Spencer and we are all very eager for him to arrive. I decided this week that I was going to just go on with my normal weekly duties and try to forget I was pregnant. Other than the occasional fierce knee in the side and sparse contractions this worked well for me and I was able to remain mostly calm. We got a good week of school in and I caught up on laundry and have a day of house cleaning tomorrow. The kids have plenty of outside chores to do and Shane also has things planned outside. I like cleaning while everyone is outdoors although they do come in all sweaty and grassy and dirty, but at least it was clean for an hour or two. Shane has a lawn down the street that he is mowing too for at least a month so he'll be a busy boy tomorrow. Maybe all the business and house cleaning will trigger labor :) I can only hope.
Will of course keep you posted on any activity. Can't wait to post pics of another Nihart joining our nest.
I Needed This More Than I Realized…
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment