The final mixture. Now for a pail to keep a literal lifetime supply of laundry detergent in. Here's the recipe I used:
1 quart Water (boiling)
2 cups Bar soap (grated)
2 cups Borax
2 cups Washing Soda
* Add finely grated bar soap to the boiling water and stir until soap is melted. You can keep on low heat until soap is melted.
* Pour the soap water into a large, clean pail and add the Borax and Washing Soda. Stir well until all is dissolved.
* Add 2 gallons of water, stir until well mixed.
* Cover pail and use 1/4 cup for each load of laundry. Stir the soap each time you use it (will gel).
~Kimberly~
I Needed This More Than I Realized…
3 days ago


2 comments:
How is it working? Does it seem to get everything clean??
Wow! You are way more ambitious than I am!
Post a Comment