Friday, November 13, 2009

Tucson Adventure

Our recent trip down to the sunny south west truly was an adventure as we crammed a week's worth of activity into four days. Amongst our family chats and "catching up", we were able to tour a little bit of the sandy landscape. Mom and I were able to run together and that was quite enjoyable as it is FREEZING up here. (I miss my morning runs :( sniff sniff)

A nice drive up to the mountains/hills for a picnic relieved us of the heat. Nothing like thick Steaks over the coals....yummo!!
We didn't even have to pack it in...ha ha!!
Brookie giving someone the look...surely it can't be me!

One of the curious critters inspecting our lunch.

During our mountain excursion we had time for a hike. Justin loves to hike as much as I do and he, Dave, and I took off down this area where the water flows down the mountain, I'm assuming during monsoons. The rocks are all eroded into very round and smooth shapes. It was very neat.

We toured a cowboy town full of things to eat, play, and buy. We did two of the three and had so much fun. They had banjo player on the corner of the street singing his little heart out. They also had a show put on by the cowboys, but it was too close to halloween for us to go to that. It was a blast. Justin has been playing indians since we got home.

Justin playing a "Shoot 'em up" game.

Look out she's got a gun!!!

All in all a very needed and pleasant trip. Sitting in the hot tub under the stars was one of the hightlights and the kids enjoyed the pool as well.

Thanks so much Mom and Dad for the fun time and memories made during our
"Tour of Tucson"
at the Anderson's Holiday Inn.

No comments: