Friday, November 6, 2009

School Projects

This is the stuff that memories are made of. Time spent learning "hands on". So here are our latest projects.

Little pots (gift from Grandma in Arizona...she will be able to plant hers outside). These little sprouts have since withered and died since we have no where to plant them, but we are planning on a little greenhouse in the spring so we can transplant. The kids were learning about trees and plants.

Along with learning about trees and plants, we also learned about soil and rocks. So I thought it necessary to make some rock candy. Here are the students and their frizzy headed sister picking out the colors of their choice for their rock candy crystals.

The end result....Oooo...shiny!!

Last....but not last, as I have many more projects planned, we preserved Autumn between wax paper and made frames for our colorful leaves. However, I do not have a picture of the end result since we gave them to one who needed them more....Grandma who lives in Arizona and has no Autumn. How sad :(

1 comment:

Cheryl Anderson said...

The leaves are on my refrigerator and I look at them every day. Thank you so much.