Well, my new found scheduling technique is working out well except for the fact that the kids are not worn out enough by the end of the day. In June we were walking to the park (15 minutes), eating lunch, playing at the park, then walking back home (15 minutes). The kids were quite worn out by the end of the afternoon. The problem is that I'm not up to that kind of a walk right now. Perhaps we'll try a early morning walk for about 10 to 15 minutes and then kick them outside all day. It makes me wonder how well they are going to do being stuck indoors and sitting down for part of the day when school starts. I guess I'll just bundle them up and throw them out in the snow. Ha ha! Jaime Dean is always good about that with her kids.
So yes, I think I've scheduled too much sitting time and we'll experiment tomorrow with a new method. I'll get more time to myself too, which is good as I plan out school and Master club upcoming.
Found a great website in a helpful book. The book is "Home school your child for free". It is loaded with a ton of websites that offer free info and materials, printables and such for all ages. Anyway, I think it was under American history that I found this website: radiolovers.com We played a Roy Rogers one tonight and it was pretty neat. I remember my dad having a few cassettes of these old radio programs so I'm looking forward to listening to many of them. I'm not sure how many of them will be good for the kids but Shane and I will enjoy them. I think it will be perfect for us as he is usually playing his computer game and at the same time we can turn on the radio program so I feel that we are still doing something together while he conquers the world. :)
Oh I don't know if I mentioned that the "schedule" book was called "Managers of their homes". It was very helpful.
I Needed This More Than I Realized…
3 days ago

2 comments:
"conquers the world" that made me chuckle :) You're so very schedule and organized sis, keep it up!
Thanks for the tip on the radio shows! I love those, the kids are liking them too! I think they're great, makes them listen and use their imaginations!
Post a Comment