Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby!

My hubby's birthday was an amazing one. We started our overnight date at church. Pastor showed the Fireproof movie ( an unbelievably, relationship-changing movie you must see) during the evening service. It was very powerful and our marriage definitely got recharged. We thought we had a great marriage, but that film opened our eyes to some things to make it even better.

The kids stayed the night at the grandparents and we went home to fondue. I made a pizza sauce fondue in which we dipped bread sticks, and of course we have to have chocolate. I made a dairy-free, sugar-free pudding that, when warm, works great as a chocolate fondue. I even added some almond extract for a special twist. It was accompanied by pretzels (Shane's favorite), brownies (my favorite), strawberries, and marshmallows. It was so much fun!!

The next day we slept in, ran some errands, bought Shane some new computer games, and went to a movie, then Red Robin for lunch. I was pooped so I napped the afternoon away as Shane conquered the world and it's issues with his new presidents game.

It seems all we do is eat on dates...hence our dinner. Filet Mignon, green beans with pecans and bacon, mashed potatoes, and garlic bread. Oh, and the sparkling cider.


Thanks to my man for being so wonderfully amazing, and to his Dad and Mom for raising a great man. Happy Birthday!!

No comments: